2. Censorship of Online Encyclopedias: Implications for NLP Models, with Margaret E. Roberts.
ACM Conference on Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency, 2021. pdf, replication
* Best Student Paper Award
1. The Digital Dictator’s Dilemma. pdf
2. Automated Repression: Ethnic Discrimination in AI-assisted Criminal Sentencing in China.
3. The Impact of U.S.-China Tensions on U.S. Science, with Ruixue Jia, Margaret E. Roberts, Ye Wang.
Revise and Resubmit, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. NBER working paper
4. The Authoritarian Data Problem: How the Politics of Data Shapes AI, with Margaret E. Roberts.
Invited Contribution, Journal of Democracy.
5. Filtering Technologies and the Fairness of Natural Language Systems, with Hanna Wallach et al.
Revise and Resubmit, Journal of Online Trust and Safety.